Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pastor Bruce puts his SIFAT skills to use in Africa 2011

For the past two years AHMEN has held it’s Annual Meeting at SIFAT campus.  This past year I met a fellow for Africa in passing, Pastor Bruce.  Later he contacted me and ask could we occasionally communicate.  Apparently, SIFAT encourages its practicum students to develop relationship outside their normal comfort zone.  I think Mary and Guf already are part of Bruce’s team.
At any rate, Pastor Bruce and I have kept in touch over the past several months.  In his last letter, he mentioned how he is putting the skills he learned to use in his African village.  Below is his letter.
From: kaumba bruce <kaumba.bruce@gmail.com>
Date: May 14, 2011 6:22:20 AM CDT
To: Nath Camp <llamacamp@me.com>
Subject: REPORT
Hello Dr Camp
I hope you are doing well.
Pastors Training
I am currently have request of about 10 Pastors who ready to take classes in Church planting and exegesis on Saturdays. I have been teaching about 6 pastors for the past one year.
I also was training 15 pastors in in christian community Development. And these have come up with what is called Action Pastors Network. They have been inspired to do projects which will be of good help to the community. Projects like providing clean water and doing community awareness on various issues that affect the community like HIV/AIDS.
We will be also having an intensive training an intensive inductive Bible Study and the SALT for our Counselors.
CHALLENGES
Please pray with us that we will be able provide teaching material to our trainees. We also intend to provide meals for the people. We will be spending a full day for four weeks.
Pray with us for all required logistics to be in place.
Pray that the grace of God will be upon me as I facilitate the program me. Pray for other teachers who will be involved. Your prayers and any other form of support is of value to us.
TESTIMONY
Pastor Manando Moyo has been one of my students.
This what He says;
"From the time I started learning exegesis and other lessons you have taught, my preaching skills have improved. God has become central in my teachings. I now know how to best help my people at church. I hope to learn more as I continue to sit under your feet"
Many of such testimonies can be told by other students. I have had many people requesting to be trained during the weekend. There is great need for such training.
I hope Hondurus Missions will be of great help to what we are doing at Sanctuary of Grace. 
May the Lord continue to bless you.
In His Service
Pastor Bruce Kaumba
---------------------------------------------------------------
This is what the AHMEN SIFAT Initiative is all about.
Thank you Pastor Bruce for reminding us of this valuable tool SIFAT is giving folks in Africa and Honduras.
Vaya con Dios,

Tom Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment